Last updated on
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how we use your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website at https://www.juniordevelopercentral.com/ (see below)
- When you sign up for a free PDF, worksheet or other download
- When you sign up for a free or paid course
- When you open an email we send and/or click a link within an email
What sort of personal information do we collect?
- If you are just visiting our site at https://www.juniordevelopercentral.com/ then we’ll collect anonymous browsing data such as your approximate location, pages visited and browser specifications. This is all obtained using Google Analytics.
- When you request a free download we will request your email in order to identify you as a unique user and to delivery the free content to you. Your email will be added to a mailing list which will be solely used to send you information regarding new content both free and paid on the Junior Developer Central website. We currently use GetResponse as our preferred mailing provided and you can unsubscribe to this at any time.
- When you sign up for a free or paid course we will request your email address to provide you with access to the eLearning platform (provided by Teachable). Your email address will also be added to a mailing list in order to keep you up to date with new content and courses as described above.
How and why do we use your personal data
We only collect very minimal, anonymous browsing information about visitors to the https://www.juniordevelopercentral.com/ site and this is mainly for the purpose of identifying popular content in order to create more informative and useful articles to help you on your path to becoming a Junior Developer.
In terms of email collection, we want to keep you informed of updates to the site with regards to new content and courses.
These two reason form part of our legitimate interest in understanding our visitors / customers and help to provide the highest level of service.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers and visitors. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to the entire https://www.juniordevelopercentral.com/ site using ‘https’ technology.
How long will we hold your data
Anonymous browsing history is retained for a maximum of 6 months via Google Analytics.
Email addresses provided and added to our mailing lists are preserved until such a time that you request to be removed either via clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button in any emails we send out or by getting in touch directly.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We currently don’t share any browsing data with any 3rd parties with the exception of Facebook. Data is sent via the ‘Facebook Pixel’ with the purpose of building marketing campaigns for the promotion of new content and/or courses.
We don’t share email addresses with any 3rd parties.
What are your rights of personal data
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or to be removed (in the case of email addresses on our mailing list for example). To ask for your information, please contact us directly.